A modern building design is a (near-) Zero-Energy-Building (nZEB). Besides an excellent insulation of the building skin, it involves highly energy efficient heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems. The most part of it's energy supply needs to be fossil-free (natural ventilation, free cooling, geothermal and latent heat storage systems), produced by the building (solar power, energy recovery systems) or sourced from a renewable energy source. Usually the optimal solution in terms of economy and sustainability is a combination of different HVAC systems. Engineering and making comparisons in terms of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is key to succesful system integration. Feel free to contact us to discuss your project.
Cold Stores in the food processing industry are about product-centered performance and reliable cost-efficient operation. Keep your product fresh and in optimal quality, while at the same time low investment, running costs and maintenance cost.
Increasingly tighter regulation of synthetic refrigerants is pushing natural refrigerants like ammonia, propane and carbon dioxide. These natural refrigerants are highly efficient and future-proof, however their toxicity, flammability and high pressures require the design and installation by experts.
ColdUnit can make the design specification for your project, evaluate quotations and check the scope and quality of the installations during the project. We can also provide design input for feasibility studies and business plans.
Contact us at Info@ColdUnit.com, share your plans with us and let's get started!
Our track record in international cold store projects spans almost 20 years and involves projects like:
- heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC+R) systems engineering
- complete food processing factories (for fruits and vegetables, meat, poultry and fish)
- long-term fruit storage facilities (Controlled Atmosphere (CA) and Ultra-Low Oxygen (ULO))
- agricultural long-term storage facilities (for potato, onion, cabbage, beetroot etc.)
- special post-harvest fast cooling facilities for fruit and vegetables (like berries, mango, avocado)
- vacuum cooling systems of lettuce, spinach etc. and cut flowers
- special drying systems for confectionary and sweets production
- cold stores especially for airport terminal logistics (cold chain for ULD and cargo equipment)
- refrigerated warehouses and distribution centers (incl. temperature control and management)
- tissue culture laboratories from ultra-clean for plant research and to large-scale multiplication
- special projects including absorption cooling and solar or wind energy powered cold rooms
- Western-Europe (the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia)
- Eastern-Europe (Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan) and Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazachstan)
- Middle-East (Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Saudi-Arabia, Oman)
- Asia (China, Japan, Indonesia, India, Singapore)
- Americas (USA, Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Ecuador)
- Northern Africa (Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt)
- West Africa (Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria)
- East Africa (Ethiopia, Sudan, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda)
- Southern Africa (Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi)